- HELL NO!
- You deny EVERYTHING!
- And I do mean EVERYTHING!
- You have no clue what crazy Mary is talking about (she's been going through a hard time and is probably drinking again)
Ok, so we think the problem is solved right. You've denied everything until you are blue in the face and maybe your boss believes you. There's still a few problems.
- Your boss still has the control and power. You now have a target on your back and are being watched like never before.
- Your boss still has the control and power, and s/he is still useless
- You can't trust Mary any longer
Well, short of putting liquor bottles in your bosses desk and a dead body under their car in the parking lot there really isn't much we can do about numbers 1 and 2. Ah, but number 3 will be fun!
How do we deal with Mary? At this point she probably doesn't know that the boss had a stern conversation with you and you were written up, and if she suspects she can't confirm (unless she was standing outside the door with a cup against it) We all remember that old adage "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" lets roll with that.
Lets make nice with Mary, after all, the nicer you are to her the more she lets her guard down. Who knows maybe one day she'll have a bad day and need to vent. Luckily for you, you just purchased a new pen size tape recorder. She'll never know what hit her.